Ireland Around the Web: 06.25.08
Here are some Ireland items in the news lately:
- Lonely Planet has a contest going right now where you can win a free trip to Ireland for two – and all it takes is a 25-word essay. Surely some free flights to Europe are worth 25 words of your time?
- Reports indicate that this year, Ireland is in store for its first economic recession in more than 20 years.
- The city of Dublin has made this list of the best cities to explore on foot – and if you’re not a partyer, the writer gives the clever advice to visit Temple Bar in the mornings rather than the evenings to enjoy the pedestrian area without all the drunk backpackers.
- Here’s a whimsical list of one man’s choices for 10 great things about Ireland.
- Mullaghmore in County Clare has been named to this list of the 12 wildest places in the United Kingdom.
- One Irish novelist thinks that if Irish voters were promised a free ice cream if they’d voted “yes” on the EU Lisbon Treaty, they wouldn’t have rejected it.