Ireland Around the Web: 04.30.08
Here are some Ireland items in the news lately:
- The film “Mary, Queen of Scots” might be about Scotland, but it’ll be shot in Ireland.
- Can you imagine Ireland without Waterford Crystal? Apparently Waterford Crystal can.
- Here’s a little article about one couple’s hike along the coast from Sutton to Howth, and how they ended up in “grave danger” en route.
- Ireland’s former president, Patrick Hillery, has died at the age of 84.
- Hillery’s state funeral is detailed here and here.
- Vacation photos are some of the best souvenirs – here’s a guide to taking great photos in Ireland.
- Good news for those of you planning to drive in Ireland – it’s been ranked in the top 10 for road safety in the EU. Two different reports have Ireland at 2nd and 9th, but either way, that’s top 10.
- Security has been beefed up at Knock Airport in County Mayo.
- As if the Catholic church needed any more scandals… This one is about Ireland’s singing priest, who apparently had a lover and two children.