O’Donovan’s B&B in Kinsale
This lovely little B&B located in the heart of Kinsale village is run by Michael and his Illinoisian wife Eileen. The place is extremely charming with brightly coloured rooms and living spaces and Michael and Eileen are fabulous. The breakfasts were prompt (8.30-10am) and delicious with a choice from their buffet of cereals and fruits in addition to your choice of a wonderful porridge served with brown sugar and carmalised bananas, Full Irish breakfast or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
Rooms have TV, a kettle and bathrooms are en-suite.
* O’Donovan’s B&B, Kinsale, Co Cork
* Number of Stars: N/A
* Breakfast? Yes
* Dedicated non-smoking rooms? Yes
* Staff Friendliness (out of 10): 8
* Staff Competence (out of 10): 8
* Room Options: Single, Double, 3-person
* Room comfort level (out of 10): 8
* Noisy? Unfortunately, the central location of this B&B also means that when the pubs empty out next door there can be a good deal of noise. I didn’t find it too distracting and it never was enough to wake the munchkin.
* Does the TV remote work?: Yes
* Fan/AC?: No
* Pool?: No
* Concierge?: N/A
* Restaurant?: No
* Conference facilities?: No
* Value for money? Yes
* Irish Blog Recommends?: Reccommended.
* Rate: €35.00 B & B included.
* Booking Information:PHONE: 00 353 21 477 2428
* Email: none.
* Website: none.
Synopsis: A charming B&B in central Kinsale.
UPDATE 1 August 2007: Michael and Eileen have retired and closed their B&B in Kinsale. More is the pity, but fair play and good luck to them!