Ballintaggart House, Dingle
* Ballintaggart House
* Ballintaggart House Hostel, Dingle, Co. Kerry
* Number of Stars: N/A
* Breakfast? Kitchen facilities available
* Dedicated non-smoking rooms? Yes
* Staff Friendliness (out of 10): 10
* Staff Competence (out of 10): 8
* Room Options: Single, Double, Suite, family
* Room comfort level (out of 10): 9
* Noisy? No.
* Fan/AC?: No
* Pool?: No
* Concierge?: N/A
* Restaurant?: No
* Conference facilities?: N/A
* Value for money? Great
* Irish Blog Recommends?: Definitely recommended
From €6.50 for a camping site
From €13 for a dorm room
From €23 per person for en-suite private or double
* Booking Information: https://www.dingleaccommodation.com/btreservation.htm or Tel: (0035366) 9151454, Fax: (0035366) 9152207
* Online contact form: https://www.dingleaccommodation.com/btreservation.htm
* Website: https://www.dingleaccommodation.com/
Synopsis: An affordable, friendly hostel just outside of town.
* family rooms
* Kitchen facilities
* movie shown every night in TV room
* free shuttle to/from town
Comments: Ballintaggart is a great hostel. Whether you’re camping, looking for a cheap dorm, or need self-contained family quarters, they’ve got it. The place was built in 1703 as a hunting lodge and is supposedly haunted. One of the staff told us a few stories of encounters with a lady who appears to certain people.
When Kim and I stayed here on our honeymoon they upgraded us to a private room and didn’t charge us for the evening – how nice can you get? The front room has a huge fireplace which is lit during the colder months and there’s a movie rented every night and shown in the TV room. There’s a kitchen with loads of cooking space, an indoor dining room and a charming outdoor cobblestone courtyard where huge pots still stand (the place was a soup kitchen during the famine). The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from Dingle town, but there’s a free shuttle to and from if you don’t feel like hoofing it.