Shamrock Lodge Countryhouse Hotel
* Shamrock Lodge
* Countryhouse Hotel
* Clonown, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
* Number of Stars: N/A
* Breakfast? Yes
* Dedicated non-smoking rooms? Yes
* Staff Friendliness (out of 10): 9
* Staff Competence (out of 10): 8
* Room Options: Single, Double, Suite
* Room comfort level (out of 10): 9
* Noisy? No
* Does the TV remote work?: Yes
* Fan/AC?: No
* Pool?: No
* Concierge?: N/A
* Restaurant?: Yes
* Conference facilities?: Yes
* Value for money? Yes
* Irish Blog Recommends?: It’s Perfectly Suitable
* Booking Information:Clonown, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, PHONE: 090 64 94966 / 92601 • FAX: 090 64 92737.
* Email email@example.com
* Website: www.shamrocklodgehotel.ie
The Shamrock Lodge Hotel is a quiet hotel that was modernized and expanded last year. Conferences and concerts occur here regularly and it has been a quiet, oak-shrouded destination for wedding receptions for years. The hotel itself is tucked away off the main roads in a quiet corner of the town, adjacent to the old canal. It’s walking distance to local pubs and is a favourite among locals for Sunday lunch and quiet pints in the evenings.
The house began its life as the home of Micheal Monks in 1814. It was established as a hotel in 1951 by the late Mr. Frank Coen and was later purchased in the early nineties by the current owner Mr. Paddy McCaul.
The hotel esteems itself by listing among its former guests Queen Salote of Tonga, Prince Ranier and Princess Grace of Monaco, William Taft III, former Presidents of Ireland Sean T. Kelly and Dr. Patrick Hillary, former Taoiseach Mr. Jack Lynch, former President of Ireland Mrs. Mary Robinson and current Taoiseach Mr. Bertie Ahern.
The various function rooms in the hotel are named after distinguished residents of Athlone – the Parliamentarian T.P. O’Connor, the poet Oliver Goldsmith, the novelist John Broderick and the world famous tenor Count John McCormack. The restaurant is named Luain (after the legendary Innkeeper who catered for the needs of travellers crossing the Shannon at the Ford and gave the town its name – Ath Luain or the Ford of Luain).
Synopsis: A more secluded, quieter alternative to the more expensive hotels in town without sacrificing on amenities.
· 72 Luxurious Guest Rooms
· Expanded Banquet Facilities
· Licensed Bar & Restaurant
· Function Rooms Available
· New Conference Facilities
· Town Centre Location
· Mingala health spa discount for residents
· Landscaped Gardens
· Ample Free Parking
This hotel not what you’re looking for? There are plenty of other discount hotels to choose from.